Click the name under "Table of Contents" to display the information at the bottom of the page.
Students at Wood Oaks are expected to conduct themselves honestly and with integrity in their work. All forms of cheating and plagiarism are prohibited. Behavior that is unacceptable includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with others on projects that are meant to be done individually;
- Copying another student's work;
- Looking at or copying another student’s test or quiz answers;
- Allowing another student to look at or copy answers from a test or quiz;
- Using any other method to get/give a test or quiz answers;
- Taking a test or quiz in part or in whole to use or to give others;
- Copying information from a source without proper attribution;
- Taking papers or portions of papers from other students, publications, or the Internet;
- Having someone other than the student prepare the student’s work; and
- Forging an adult signature.
The Academic Honesty policy will be reviewed with students in each class within the first week of school. Teachers who discover an act of academic dishonesty by one of their students will take the following actions:
- Discuss the incident with the student,
- Assign the student a failing grade for the work,
- Notify the child’s parent(s),
- Notify the building administration of the action(s) taken.
In cases involving repeated or flagrant offenses, the teacher shall follow the above steps and complete an Office Discipline Referral (ODR). Additional appropriate consequences may be assigned at the discretion of the building administration ranging from detention to suspension.