Stay in touch and get more news on the Wood Oaks PTA Facebook page.
SAVE THE DATE:
- TODAY! Sept 23 - Deadline to Register for D27 Race and Receive Shirt
- Sept 29 - Hot Lunch orders for the first week of October due at 10am
- Oct 7 - Social Dance Registration Due for 6th Graders
- Oct 10 - Wood Oaks PTA meeting at 1pm
- Oct 15 - District 27 5K, 1 Mile and Kids Dash Event
REGISTER TODAY FOR THE DISTRICT 27 RACE!
Race registration deadline (to guarantee race shirt and lock in discounted price) is TODAY, September 23rd..
Run to register and register to run. Don’t overthink it, just sign up!
What is in store for Wood Oaks families:
- Parents can run or walk the 5K at the beautiful Wood Oaks park. Plus, there is a special pre-race conditioning session by a local fitness studio before you race!
- Kids can enjoy the Hi-Five obstacle course and inflatables at the Wood Oaks school field. A great way to stretch your legs before or after the 1 mile or 5K. Our friends from Ultimate Ninjas will help you get ready for the race with a fun warm-up.
- Listen to some tunes by the Bach to Rock DJ and maybe try your hand at DJing too!
- Sample some delicious snacks from local restaurants.
- Plus, a few special surprises await!
Calling all 6th graders: Social Dance is Back!
Come join the fun, while learning impressive dance and interactive skills to use in a social setting. Students will work with an experienced and very talented instructor for this 4-session program. An ever-popular event, your student won’t want to miss it!
Social Dance Dates: Thursday evenings, from 7- 8:15 pm
- November 3
- November 10
- November 17
- December 1 (Parent Watch Night!)
Dance Appropriate Attire: Dance attire includes dress pants, collared shirts, skirts, dresses, and comfortable shoes.
Program Cost: $60
Check payable to Wood Oaks PTA dropped off to the Wood Oaks office, or Zelle to WOPTAmoney@gmail.com. Please put “Student’s Name PTA Dance” in the memo
Want to show your Wildcat pride? The PTA Spiritwear Store will open next week to get you ready for Fall with cozy items, new designs, and back-by-popular-demand favorites! Stay tuned for more info!
Thank you for your continued support of PTA Hot Lunch!
- The deadline to order for the next week is the prior Thursday at 10am.
- Hot lunches for absent students may be picked up after 12:30pm if you notify the front office before lunchtime.
- Order Hot Lunch Here
- Sign Up to Serve Hot Lunch! - New November & December dates available!
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEE - Let's Recycle the "Write" Way!
District 27 PTA has partnered with TerraCycle to help reduce used school supplies as part of the Bic Stationary Recycling Program. Wood Oaks students can drop off used-up pens, mechanical pencils, highlighters, glue stick containers, watercolor dispensers, and markers in the designated bin in the Library.
Together, we can make a difference!
Are you making time for mental health? CATCH, Community Action Together for Children's Health, offers many opportunities to find support, learn, and connect with one another. Check out the full calendar of events on the CATCH Newsletter.
SUPPORT WOOD OAKS PTA
Help us reach our fundraising goals!
- Shop Amazon Smile page
0.5% from your purchases back to Wood Oaks PTA.
- Order groceries and more from Fresh Midwest
New client promo code: NBWO
Returning client promo code: BACKTOSCHOOL
- Label your school supplies with Mabel’s labels!
Enter: WOOD OAKS PTA for organization
Thank you to those who attended our first PTA meeting of the school year. It was a great kick-off meeting and we look forward to seeing you at our next meeting on October 10 at 1pm
Questions? Comments? Reach out to us at email@example.com.