Wood Oaks will be allowing costumes at school on Friday, October 29 as long as students can adhere to our guidelines.
2021-2022 School Year Halloween Rules:
1. Students may wear costumes on Friday, October 29, 2021.
2. Costumes should not disrupt the educational environment or impede students from fully participating in class.
3. All COVID safety requirements must be maintained.
Students must have a face mask that covers both their mouth and nose that is recommended by the CDC as part of COVID precautionary measures. (A simple Halloween type mask is not the same and is not allowed anyway).
Students need to continue to follow good hand hygiene. Any costume should allow students to wash hands and use hand sanitizer easily.
Students must also be able to safely maintain physical distance from others.
4. Students must be recognizable to staff members. Any hoods, hats, or face painting is discouraged as it would make recognizing the student more difficult and could cause students to touch their face more frequently than normal.
5. Any student wearing a costume must fully prepare before arriving to school. Spray cans, hair coloring, spray string, face painting, etc. will NOT be allowed at school.
6. No toy (or real) weapons are allowed.
7. Group costumes are discouraged when they promote the exclusion of other students.
8. If a costume is determined by a staff member or administration to be a disruption to the school environment, a possible safety hazard, or inappropriate, the student will be asked to change into extra clothes or be picked up from school for the day if extra clothes are not available.
9. Parents are encouraged to supervise their child’s costume choice – keeping in mind that ultimately, Wood Oaks serves as a place of learning, safety, and appropriateness.