End of Year Awards Ceremony (Only Posting)
Click here to view the Wood Oaks end of year Awards Assembly. Congratulations to all of our award recipients this year.
Memorial Day (Only Posting)
All District 27 schools will be closed on Monday, May 31 in observance of Memorial Day. Schools will reopen on Tuesday, June 1 under normal school hours.
Graduation Information (Final Posting)
We are beyond excited for Sunday’s graduation ceremony at Glenbrook North. A few reminders about that day:
- Gates will open for access to seating at 11:30 am.
- Graduates should be in the stadium and reporting to the south end zone no later than 11:30 am.
- Everyone in the football stadium is expected to wear a mask for the entire time on the GBN campus.
- All spectators should be wearing a green wristband ticket that was provided to families. Spectators without a wristband will not be allowed into the stadium in order to comply with CDC capacity guidelines for this sort of ceremony.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at noon.
- The entire ceremony will be livestreamed at http://gbnbroadcasting.com/ and that same site will have the ceremony available for free download after the ceremony.
- At the end of the ceremony, families can meet their graduates on the softball field located immediately outside of the main gate.
- We do ask that all families leave the GBN campus in an efficient manner as there is another graduation ceremony immediately following ours.
Last Day of School (Only Posting)
Wednesday, June 2 is the last day of school for our 6th and 7th grade students. Please note that the school day will start at 8 am that day instead of the usual 8:15 am. Buses will run on their normal schedule as that does get them to school in time. However, if you drive your children to school, please note that an 8:15 arrival will make them late to class. The school day, and the school year, will end at 11 am on Wednesday.
From our Technology Department – Chromebook Collection (Final Posting)
Each year, the technology department collects all District-issued Chromebooks, chargers, and bags to assess each device and prepare them for the next school year. Here's the schedule for when each grade level is expected to turn in their equipment:
For 7th grade students: On Tuesday, June 1, the technology department will be collecting 7th grade Chromebooks at the end of 4th period. Please make sure to have your bag, charger, and Chromebook. Anything else that is in the bag can be removed.
For 6th grade students: On Tuesday, June 1, the technology department will be collecting 6th grade Chromebooks at the end of 10th period. Please make sure to have your bag, charger, and Chromebook. Anything else that is in the bag can be removed. In early October, some 6th grade families needed a secondary device to use for Zoom. If you have a secondary device along with the charger, please return that equipment on Tuesday, June 1. If you're currently not using the secondary device, you may return that computer to the technology office any time before June 1.
Please feel free to reach out to the technology department if you have any questions or concerns.
End of Year Calendar At-a-Glance (Final Posting)
May 30: 8th Grade Graduation at GBN
May 31: Memorial Day - No School
June 1: This will be a full day of school for 6th/7th graders with Field Day
June 2: Last Day of School for 6th/7th graders (8-11 am)